View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 1:48 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 HE351VE Holset VGT Turbo Information NO 56K 

Post Re: HE351VE Holset VGT Turbo Information
Quote:
Aero wrote:
Blownshovel wrote:
My neighbor is going that route with his. Trial/error measuring backpressure/boost etc.. Once he finds the sweet spot he plans to lock it in. Not weld it but lock it with stops.

Is this the guy you mentioned for his 302?
This seems to work pretty well for us, possibly for anyone wanting to find that spot yet still have it adjustable. Nice and simple too, I'm sure it could be done prettier though haha.

Yes. He is going to initial set it up similar to what you have. Down the road he would like to 2 position it. One for instant spool on the street and more open for best power at the track. He will use some electronics on the latter setup with dashboard control.

April 17th, 2009, 2:14 pm

was looking for info about this turbo and who else is using it :P

and i found this.

http://www.mx6.com/forums/1g-mx6-forced ... o-mx6.html

Quote:
This is one of my recent projects, I wanted to see how the f2t would react with a large turbo, I have always read that a large turbo of the f2t would not spool or if it did it would be at redline. I'm sure this is true for some turbos, but with this turbo, it turned out to be the exact opposite. how about spool at 2000rpm and 24psi at 3500 rpm. I would not believe it if I did not try it myself. Here are the stats

Turbo: Holset HE351VGT
Injectors:RC750CC+METH INJ
EMC:MEGASQUIRT
Stock block and heads with slight port job, modified stock mani with match port and external wastegate.

At full boost the car is all over the road, it hits you soo hard, you feel the need to probably turn the boost down. I have never felt the car pull so insanely and loud, cars that were a mile ahead of you ,now seem to be right infront of you after a hard pull. I had to make some modifiaction to get this turbo to work, but I'm very happy with the results, I think I will turn the boost down now.

The actuator looks welded here hmmmm.

myspace.com/r3n0v4d0 Image

April 22nd, 2009, 10:46 pm
Admin

Thats a good find, in all my looking I never found it haha.

He mentioned a spring in one post so I looked at the pictures a little closer. That thing is the attachment point for the spring. You can see it in this picture. Image

Self Cooling Intercooler
Quote:
Is there such a thing? What I am thinking of is something like like air/water intercooler but instead of water passing thru it, the turbo sucks air thru it, then feeds the charge thru the side where it normally would on an air water intercooler. Thus cooling itself

FAIL

April 22nd, 2009, 11:48 pm

hey - i do tune ecus. Nissans, DSMs, Hondas, evos, wrx (not sti's tho - dont have that cable) - and standalones (aem, megasquirt, haltech).

i am a member on nico (that forums kinda a newbie forum so i dont look at it much) - i stay on FA, ziptied, zilvia and eccs most.

i believe i am the only one currently offering vss based launch control with a s13 sr computer in the USA. I dont give that code out to anyone but customers, but i usually make people basemaps for free if u ever need a starting point.

Sry for the off topic.

Am i seeing that correctly? the spring pressure holds it shut and the thing opening the rack is the exhaust pressure?

i dont see that working properly - because when the gate opens up the pressure goes down in the turbine dramatically and the rack can close back up (unless the spring is exceptionally weaK) and if the spring is weak enough that its not affected the rack will open so early that there wont be a benefit to having a vgt at all...

mor off topic for ya - the buzzing fuel pump relay was due to my battery negative cable clamp being loos on the wire.

April 23rd, 2009, 8:27 am
Admin

Lets move the questions to this viewtopic.php?f=25&t=451
thread to keep the sticky clean. :yesnod:

Self Cooling Intercooler
Quote:
Is there such a thing? What I am thinking of is something like like air/water intercooler but instead of water passing thru it, the turbo sucks air thru it, then feeds the charge thru the side where it normally would on an air water intercooler. Thus cooling itself

FAIL

April 26th, 2009, 9:03 am
Admin

Post Re: HE351VE Holset VGT Turbo Information NO 56K

The turbo after ~1000 hard miles.

Self Cooling Intercooler
Quote:

FAIL

September 18th, 2009, 7:06 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3